I love China, but I am sooo upset about missing the best party of the year... my little sister's 6th birthday party! For those of you who think I'm joking, you obviously don't know my little sister; she's basically the funniest, coolest, most-rockin' pre-schooler on the block! Apparently, she's really into High School Musical (whatever that is) so this will be no day on Sesame Street... oh no, She's having a DANCE PARTY! Did I mention she's turing SIX?
Can we please spend a moment visualizing this scenario: a bunch of 6-year-olds, music, dance floor, snacks, lighting... I love it! It's the perfect time to have a dance; by middle school, it's almost too awkward to enjoy, but what to do little kids care? They're free to lose control!
She's the one who wants to be a rockstar when she grows up. I'm sure many of you have seen the video of her dancing from a few summers ago. I spoke with her today, and she asked me what I want to do when I'm older, and I said "Duh, I want to be your manager for you when you become a rockstar." And she told me that she already gave that position away to her mom, so we agreed that I'm qualified to be a back-up dancer. I'm not kidding, the next time someone asks me what I'm doing when I get back from China, I'm telling them I'm going to start training to be a back-up dancer for my sister's rock-n-roll band.
She's also a total tom-boy, (it breaks my heart, but I believe she may come around) so she said she's not wearing a dress to the party because "it's high-school musical," whatever that means. However, I think for her birthday present, I'm going to have a Qi Pao (chi pow) which is a Chinese traditional dress, made for her. That way I can say "It's not a dress, it's a qi pao!"

What do you think? Hao? Bu Hao?
HAO!
1 comment:
Great work.
Post a Comment