Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's Official!

Yes, several things are official.

1) GOD IS GOOD!

2) I'M COMING HOME FOR SURE!! I finally have plane tickets!!

I'm so blessed right now, I can't even remember all of my blessings; I had to write them down!

I have praise after praise after praise...

Here's just a brief synopsis of my blessings, answered prayers, and things I'm excited about:

The major one is that not only am I coming home, but God sent His angels to pay for it. I'm not kidding, I really think that's what happened. Last week, out of the blue, an angel sent me $300, and I asked God for $400 more to put towards my ticket, thinking I could pay off the rest off later with my credit card. Well, He didn't give me $400 more. Instead He sent $1,100 more! The price of my whole ticket is covered by an "anonymous" donor. Seriously, I'm shocked at His provision, but I guess I shouldn't be. After all, He is Jehovah Jireh, "God our Provider"! Amen!

I had a delightful Thanksgiving dinner with all the foreigners in Wuhan. We rented out a hotel ballroom and we had three huge tables full of food! Some of us watched Miracle of 34th Street, and we had a tape of an old football game to really give our American holiday that extra touch. I even brought home some leftovers...mmm! After dinner and some quality hang out time, I left and hung out some more with friends from "across the river" whom I don't see very often. I even had a little slumber party with my friend, Megan. It was so great to reconnect with people and get to know some of them better. The picture is of me and my friend, Danielle, on the bus after our Thanksgiving feast.

As far as travel, there are a few obligatory sites to see when you live in China for several months: The Great Wall, The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, and The Terracotta Warriors. So far, I'm 0 for 4, but not for long! A friend of mine arranged a weekend trip to Xi'An to see the Terracotta Warriors, so I'm really excited to have the pressure taken off! It should also be fun because I'll be with good company, and there's a muslim market in Xi'An that's supposedly perfect for Christmas shopping!
Then in 2 weeks, we're taking a trip to Danjankou, where some famous mountain is. Tai Chi was invented on this mountain, and part of Crouching Tiger: Hidden Dragon was filmed there, too. Finally, the weekend before I go home, I think I'll be able to get the last three sites knocked off the list. Since I'm flying out of Beijing, I'll just go a few days early and see everything. I honestly just want my picture taken and an "I climbed the Great Wall" tee-shirt. I wanted to go before the Olympics get way out of control. It might be too late, but better now than May, for sure.

Also, I've had my heart set on visiting Thailand since I first found out I was going to China. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it though because I don't have any travel buddies with the same schedule with me, but get this - I found out there's going to be a conference for Workers in China, held in Bangkok, and the group leaves China on February 19th, just in time for me to be able to go!!! AHHH!! I can't wait!

Here's another picture from "Idaly Mein" night, or pasta night, with my dear friends, Yultuz and Tina. Things with the Pink Lights are going incredibly well. One of them even came over to my friend's apartment for a birthday last week! My Fish is doing great, I've made some new friends, so yeah... it's official: God is good!

No comments: