
I have been hard pressed for entertainment options. I long for the weekends to pass so I can download Desperate Housewives and the Hills online. I actually watch the Hills aftershow, which is garbage, but it's available. I even sift through and try my patience with the VSpot on Vh1.com to catch up on Best Week Ever, one of my favorite shows from back home.
While I was out on Saturday, I passed a DVD store, and I couln't pass it up. As it turned out, the place was a goldmine for cravers of American media, such as myself. I bought several American movies, seasons 1-3 of Grey's Anatomy and Lost, which I purposefully didn't let myself get hooked on in the States. By the way, each move cost 5 yuan (67 cents), and the complete series were 15 yuan ($2.00) each.
I innocently popped in the first Lost DVD and set up mats so I could do my Kung FU stretches and watch at the same time. Stretching lasted about 15 minutes before my eyes would glued to the screen. Dinner time rolled around, so I paused, make a grilled cheese really quickly, and ate my dinner with episode 3 or 4. My mom called, and I was so distracted by my curousity about what in the heck was going on with Kate and Sawyer. I went to bed that night with a tinge of fear over what may lay in the jungle... essentially, I was hooked.
I managed to get up for church, and not even think about Lost. But as soon as I walked into my apartment, I realized I still had several more episodes to watch! After each episode, I checked the clock and thought, "Okay, I still have time for one more epidode..." "Okay, one more." "Well, I'm not teaching until 10 tomorrow, one more..." There were some cliffhangers so intense, that I can't imagine how people survived waiting a whole week.
All I really wanted to share was that I'm hooked on Lost now. I'd tell more, but... well, I still have 2 more seasons to watch!
2 comments:
mwahaha! yessssss. now you can watch lost with all of us when you come back! yayy
Lost is the most addictive thing ever, glad you found it though.
It makes a lot of sense watching after having lived in China for a while =)
Everything is different, these 'others' are after you, and crazy things happen all the time.
Post a Comment