Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Christmas Story Story


So... I basically just shared my whole Testimony with my class! It definitely wasn't the plan, but He made the door wide open once again.

I have them over once a week, and tonight we had a little Christmas party of sorts. We listened to Christmas carols, read the Christmas Story straight from Matthew and Luke, and baked Christmas cookies, and it all went so well! It was one of those nights I wish I had my camera.
I played them Joy to the World, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and Silver Bells. Afterward, I asked them what they thought, and one of them said "After the first song (Joy to the World), I felt like we were all family". AWWW! Another one said she felt calm and peaceful.

Then I read the Christmas Story and played Martina McBride's rendition of "Silent Night" and asked them to visualize the scene, and it was sooo beautiful. They turned off the light, so there was only the glow of my space heater and it was like a candle light service at Midnight Mass!

After that, they asked me if I thought the Story was real, and I said yes, I believe all of it is real, and some of them looked at me like I was crazy, and others just smiled, and one said he had read that story before and he thinks its true.

One of them- the one who always gives me a hard time and also said for Thanksgiving, he is thankful for the Communist Party- kind of challenged me. He said "Do you believe this because your parents believe it?" And it was so cool! I said "No, my parents don't believe the same thing as me, I decided to become a Christian on my own. And they looked at me, shocked! So I told them my whole story!! I talked about how I was familiar with The Story about how He died for me and stuff, but I used to think "Big deal, people die every day..." but when I was 14, I heard someone explain to me the importance of this death... basically, it was AWESOME! Don't worry, I gave them a few more details than I'm giving you. It was just so cool because they said they had a lot of questions about the Book being true or not, and I said I can't give them a class on it, but I have a lot of information, so I'm available after class to answer any questions they might have. So Yarp, yarp, yarp! I love these students so much, I see them 4 times a week, there's only 12 of them, and that one student was right, we are kind of like a little family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!

Anonymous said...

omg i LOVE the pic at the top!!!