Saturday, December 8, 2007

Xi'an Pictures

The end of the semester has really snuck up on me quickly! It always happened back home, but I guess I thought it would be different over here. It's not.

So, as not to disappoint everyone when I come home, I have crammed in three weekends of travel before I head home. Last weekend, I visited Xi'an to see the Terracotta Warriors. If you don't know what they are, you should definitely Google them.
This weekend I went to Danjiankou and climbed Wudang Mountain, where Tai Qi was invented and part of Crounching Tiger Hidden Dragon was filmed. Next weekend I'm going to Beijing to buy last minute souvenirs, see the Forbidden City and climb that stinkin' Wall already!

Here are some Xi'An Shots:





















The first pit. There's seriously thousands of these guys, and they're all different!




















Here's a picture of my friend, Megan, and I by another pit. This one had Terracotta ponies!



















Then we went to the Banpo Neolithic Village, where the history minor in me was just delighted!























Haha, ya gotta love Christmas in a pagan nation! To clarify, this was taken at McDonalnd's, and it's the Statue of Liberty wearing a santa hat and holding a gift box, while the sign in the tree says "America" in Chinese. Hahahhahaa...

















We rode bikes around the Old City Wall!


















Oh my goodness... we almost missed our train back! Actually, three of the five in the group did miss the train. We RAN like crazy people through the station, and we JUST made it!

No comments: