Thursday, October 25, 2007

You said...

It's Thursday night here, and that means our team is out meeting with the ladies of the Pink Lights. It's such a dark area, so we realllllly really try to lift it up high. One of the things we do is have people yarp at home in 30-minute increments, and we also have people who just walk outside the shops and yarp while a team goes in a talks to the girls. The past two weeks I've signed up to yarp at home, and it was so great that I wanted to share with you.
For part of it, I listened and sang along to "You Said" by Rita Springer... A-mazing!

The lyrics really speak to my heart. This is the chorus:

You said, "Lift up your eyes;
The harvest is here, the kingdom is near.
You said, "Ask and I'll give the nations to you."
O L_rd, that's the cry of my heart.

Then I also read from this booklet for unreached people groups, and one of them really struck me. It's so perfect. I love it!

It's called "Restore them unto You"

So... Agree with me...

"Father, I thank you that as the women on the Pink Lights wait patiently for you, that you will turn to them and hear their cry. I ask you that you would lift them out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire. Set the feet of these women on a rock and give the a firm place to stand. Put a new song in their mouths, a hymn of pra!se to you. May the Pink Light women see and fear and put their trust in you.

I Ask these women will pra!se you with their souls and inmost beings. I Ask that they not forget your benefits. Father YOU FORGIVE ALL THEIR S!NS and heal ALL of their diseases. You are the one who redeems their lives from the pit and you crown these women with love and compassion. I Ask that you would satisfy their desires with good things and their youth would be renewed like the eagles (Ps. 103)

Father, build them up, gather them, and heal their broken hearts. Bind up their wounds and cure their pains and their sorrows. You are close to the brokenhearted and save those who are crushed in spirit."

IT IS SO!

So if you're not doing anything Thursday mornings from like, 7-9, it'll be night time over here, and you can sign up to lift up the girls.

These are our Needs you can Ask for:

ENERGY for the teams! The attack of feeling tired is unbelievable.
Chinese leadership
American participation and dedication
A team of solid Yarp warriors
Open hearts
Vision
Medical visits
English lessons
And just generally claiming the Truth over this whole situation.

He hears you. It's incredible.

No comments: