
I am ONLY doing this because so many of you, bless your little hearts, have asked me what I want/need in a care package. That is so stinkin' nice of you all! So to clarify, I am not asking for this stuff, and I certainly don't expect to get the whole list. I am just posting some options for people who have told me they want to send me a care package, and would like to know what to put in it.
Food Items:
Orbit Gum! (Wintermint, please)
Chocolate chips
Brownie mix
Lipton Chicken-Flavored rice (You would think I eat enough rice here, but trust me, its not the same!)
Lipton Chicken Flavored Pasta Sides (It comes in an up-right standing bag of sorts)
Apple Jacks, Golden Ghrams
Macaroni and Cheese
Seasoning packets(for tacos, buffalo wings, pasta, hamburger helper, garlic powder, italian seasoning, etc.)
Instant-hot anything, like oatmeal, pop-tarts, etc.
Rice krispy treats, gummy worms, Reece's, sweedish fish, Twizzlers, Laffy Taffy, Tootsie rolls, Tootsie roll pops, etc.
Non-food Items:
Warm things, like those break-and-heat things you put in your pockets
Things that smell good (China reeks)
Measuring cups
Crochet needle (keeps me occupied on the bus)
iTunes giftcards don't work outside the US (lame!) so better yet, burn me a copy of your favorites
Tide stain sticks
Maps of USA, Delaware, whatever (My students love it!)
Cockroach bait, like Raid (for obvious reasons)
Pepto-bismal (again...for obvious reasons!)
Disposable cameras
Digital camera (It's a long-shot, but I have faith in Provision)
Very cheap/ Almost free things:
Pictures of you/us/ home
Homemade artwork/ decorations for my apartment (Halloween is coming up! My favorite holiday!)
Index cards
Mini hand-sanitizers
Old magazines, take-out menus, and grocery store inserts (Agian, my students love reading this stuff)
Random office-type loot you score from college/business functions.
Love notes :)
Things I will buy if you prefer to send money
Foam pad for my bed (seriously, it's so hard that if I hit it with my fist, it makes a sound like I just ajourned a meeting!)
Rain boots
Bike
Replacement Camera
iTunes music and TV shows
Handmade Halloween costume
Bi-lingual Special Materials
Printer for my Work (not a great idea to use the school printer for this!)
Relationship building with the Chinese
Donations for the Pink Lights
Check out the Sending Mail to China info too.
I hope this helps, and of couse... THANK YOU!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment