I'm so excited! I got a call from a friend today who has been working with the Pink Lights for a while, and she invited me on an informational trip to Beijing to talk to someone who runs a recovery home for women who want to quit the Pink Lights. (FYI: The Pink Lights are what we call the brothels here. Basically it's the reason I'm here. I heard about the problem and it made me want to come to China.) I'm really excited. We are not doing any sight-seeing, but it's going to be me and 4 other ladies who I am really looking forward to getting to know, and I'm obviously really enthusiastic about getting involved with the Pink Lights. That's why I'm here. Teaching is fun, and I am Here for my students, but I came for the Pink Lights.
There's a small problem you could Think with me for. My passport is at the police station for a week while my residency is being established, and I have heard to get on the train, you need a passport. I have heard mixed things - sometimes they ask for it, and sometimes they don't. I have a photocopy of my passport, so Ask that it is sufficient and I am able to go. Also, the trip is going to be about $100 US dollars/ 700 Yuan, and funds are tight this months because of set-up fees,and it's un-budgeted. I'm not worried about it. I have total confidence in Providence, but it's something else about this trip you can Think with for me.
THANKS GUYS! LOVE YOU ALL!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment