Monday, July 23, 2007

Top 5 questions I get asked about China

Q. 1) "Oh wow. Do you speak Chinese?"

A: No. I will be teaching students who have already been speaking English for 6 or 7 years. I'm helping them with conversational English. I want to learn some Chinese though.


Q. 2) "Where in China?'

A: Wuhan... it's in the Hubei provence... central China. (It's really funny when people ask this because even after I tell them, they still don't know where it is!)


Q. 3) "Oh my goodness! What do your parents think?"

A: My dad doesn't care, but my mom is not happy about it. She's going to miss me too much, so she's sending me home in January for a few weeks, and then she's coming to visit in April.


Q. 4) "Oh that's great! Are You excited?"

A: Oh yeah!


Q. 5) "When do you leave, and how long are you going to be there?"

A: August 24th! I'll be there about a year, so I'm coming back sometime in Mid-July.

No comments: