Thursday, July 5, 2007

Details


Here's what I've been realizing lately:

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." - Psalm 20:7

I just got back from 5 days of training in Alabama, and I am officially oriented to China. We talked a lot about what to expect, but honestly, there's only so much planning and preparing that can be done. I'm going to be fine. I'm going to be be happy and thrive, and it will not have anything to do with chariots and horses- or more appropriately- how many books I read or hours I spent meditating on possible circumstances I could encounter in China. There's One reason I'm going, and it's because my Father is sending me. He loves me too much to send me somewhere and not take care of me. That's all I need to know and the rest are details... and I refuse to take my comfort from those details.

No comments: